The engine in your SUV, car, pickup, or van relies on motor oil running through it to lubricate its many moving parts. However, that oil contains impurities left over following the refining process. Those contaminants could cause trouble if they gathered in your engine. Fortunately, your luxury vehicle has an oil filter.
What Your Oil Filter Does
Like your engine air filter and fuel filter, your oil filter collects pollutants before they can make their way to your engine. It also captures any contaminants that the oil picks up as it passes through the motor. That ensures that your oil is capable of lubricating engine parts so that they can move freely.
Eventually, even the highest quality oil filter will either degrade with age or become too clogged to continue capturing particulates. When that happens, your engine performance will suffer. That's why you need to replace yours as soon as possible.
How to Spot Oil Filter Issues
Signs that your oil filter is failing include:
- Dark smoke coming from your exhaust
- Your engine starts to sputter
- Reduced engine performance
- Odd noises coming from your engine
- Your dash warning light comes on
Buy Genuine OEM Oil Filters Online
If your oil filter needs replacing, make sure to get the right one for your model and its engine. Your manufacturer makes the only ones that are guaranteed to be compatible, delivering the precise fit and secure gasket seal that you need. Find everything you need right here in our online auto parts inventory. Buy now and we'll ship your order right to your door!
No results found for "oil filters". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!